Ir al contenido principal

Changes to my study program

I study social work, and actually I have to read a lot of texts and books, and because of pandemics evaluations are done at home. About the curriculum, the first subjects I have to study are related to social sciences, these are made as an introduction for the career; which is the basic cycle. The specialized cycle starts at third year, in which I can study and specialize on subjects and investigations about different issues. And the last one is the professional cycle and sadly I’m not sure how the last subjects are, but I think that are more investigations.

In my opinion, teaching methods should change a little bit, because during pandemics I feel that I couldn’t learn all the stuff I should learn, I’m not saying that everything must change, it’s more like teaching more stuff that can be complemented with theories, such as learning how to use programs or practice. Also, I would like that the study program includes more authors from Latin-American. There are tools in the Faculty that can complement studies such as a library because books can be useful for researches; also, a computer room access could be necessary because students can learn how to use excel or use statistics programs for investigations or more stuff. I can’t say more because I went to the Faculty once because of some doubts about scholarships, and I couldn’t go to other places.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Holidays!

One of the best holidays that I kind of remember happened before pandemics; is a travel through Pichilemu city.   The travel was at the end of February, 2020. I went with my mom, my sister, my cousin, my aunt and my uncle. We spent almost one day there, we get up at 5:00 AM and the travel started at 6:00 AM; we traveled in my uncle's car. We did some stops but I am going to mention the ones I remember, our first stop was in Cáhuil, we saw the salt deposit in the Salinas de Cáhuil. There is a hill at the opposite, so, we decided to walk and breathe some air. The second one was on Ciruelos, we went to the San Andrés Church. The third stop was in a small park that I don’t remember where it is. And the last one was on a lake and we went to a nearby beach. I have never been in Pichilemu and it was interesting to go there and learn about this city because the only thing I knew about it was related to surfing.

Postgraduates!

To be honest, I would consider taking a postgraduate course because I want to learn new knowledge and I want to strengthen my skills and qualities. I would like to study a postgraduate related to current topics like child protection, social struggles, politics, history and Human Rights. Actually I haven’t thought about taking a postgraduate in the future, but I would like to study in Chile or an Ibero-American country because I can speak the language without problems. Also, I don’t have any problem if I study abroad because I can learn new cultures and customs, while I’m learning new skills about specifics fields. I might like to study in face-to-face classes or doing part-time course, but I don’t have issues with distance learning. So, I decided to do my own research and I found a lot of courses that could be related to social work, but I might choose and study these postgraduate courses; the first one is Therapeutic and preventive interventions in harassment at University of Chil

What's like to study Social Work?

Actually I’m studying Social Work at Universidad de Chile since 2020; I choose this career because of a sense of justice and dignity towards human beings. I’m interested about themes such as poverty, human development and life quality, so, I want to learn about the methodology for intervene in social problems, and I would like to support and help people. I like the curriculum of this career because is multi-disciplinary, at the moment, apart from learning about investigation methodology and different visions of Social Work, I’m learning social history, sociology, psychology, economy and statistics too. Studying Social Work online is still weird, because I studied Law offline (because of the same reasons) at 2019, and I lived the normal experience of studying in a university, and now, changing career and studying online is kind of hard because I feel that everything I do is being at my bedroom and sitting on my bed listening to classes; learning is difficult because I find it hard